My heartfelt thanks to all those who bought and read my books.
Some of you have written with questions and comments. I tried to answer as many as I could and within a reasonable time. However, I confess that sometimes, I fell behind.
Therefore, we are compiling questions and where the theme and thrust of the questions are similar, though couched in different styles and approaches, we shall place these on this the FAQ Page.
Do visit this page again for updates and please keep those questions coming.
1. How long does it take to complete a book? How many drafts do you complete before you are satisfied? It is difficult to say precisely how long each book takes. But after having published 5 titles (3 non-fiction and 2 fiction), on average it took me about 12 months to complete each business book and 18 months for each fiction. How many drafts…well, that is a tough one. Ordinarily, up to 15 drafts per title, though I do not re-draft the whole manuscript (MS) everytime. I would reckon about 10 times for the complete MS and the balance, major parts of the MS. (Dated 9th Nov 2011).
2. You have written 5 books in 2 years – did you work on one book at a time? I work on several books at any given time. (Dated 14th Nov 2011).
3. What is your take on self publishing? I suggest you review this presentation made at a symposium at the recently concluded Singapore Writers Festival 2011. (Dated 21st Nov 2011) Click here> SWF Publishers Symposium_October 2011
4. Is there any episode in your novel(s) you are most satisfied with? I am satisfied with each complete work as a whole. (Dated 29th Nov 2011)
5. Do you normally have the complete plot worked out before you start writing? I suppose you refer to my novels. Yes, I have a thumbnail sketch of the plot and flesh it out as I develop the characters, settings and scenes. (Dated 6th Dec 2011)